Cheryll's Writing Journal

Musings, rants and ravings, plus gems of insight nobody wants to hear now that I've finally got them. Also neat stuff I found on the 'Net when I should have been updating this blog....

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Much for which To Be Thankful


Sometimes poets get it, even when we normal mortals fail:

O weary hearts! O slumbering eyes!
O drooping souls, whose destinies
Are fraught with fear and pain,
Ye shall be loved again!

No one is so accursed by fate,
No one so utterly desolate,
But some heart, though unknown,
Responds unto his own.

Responds, - as if with unseen wings,
An angel touched its quivering strings;
And whispers, in its song,
"Where hast thou stayed so long?"


~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, "Endymion"

No one but some heart responds unto his own...

And sometimes, as in my case, more than one. I am SO lucky!

Happy Thanksgiving, Dear Ones!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home