Cheryll's Writing Journal

Musings, rants and ravings, plus gems of insight nobody wants to hear now that I've finally got them. Also neat stuff I found on the 'Net when I should have been updating this blog....

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Some quotes from recent reading...

From the little book, Today I will Nourish My Inner Martyr: Affirmations for Cynics, by Ann Thornhill & Sarah Wells........

"Regardless of what other people say, my tendency to overreact and lose all perspective makes me a theatrically interesting person."

"There is no room in my life for my inner child."

"My family, friends, and associates could save me a lot of precious time by accepting the reality that I'm always right."

To which my personal corollary is that we could all live and work in perfect unity if they'd all just do it my way!

From Laffirmations: 1001 ways to add humor to your life and work, by Joel Goodman......

"There ain't much fun in medicine, but there's a heck of a lot of medicine in fun." -- Josh Billings

"He deserves paradise who makes his companions laugh." -- The Qur'án

"A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs -- jolted by every pebble in the road." -- Henry Ward Beecher

"Humor is the great thing, the saving thing, after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations and resentments slip away, and a sunny spirit takes their place." -- Mark Twain

From
The Tao of Pooh, by Benjamin Hoff.......

"When you discard arrogance, complexity and a few other things that get in the way, sooner or later you will discover that simple, childlike and mysterious secret...Life is Fun."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home