Cheryll's Writing Journal

Musings, rants and ravings, plus gems of insight nobody wants to hear now that I've finally got them. Also neat stuff I found on the 'Net when I should have been updating this blog....

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Oh, for heaven's sake!

These people have WAY too much time on their hands.... Or perhaps I should title this, "When Good Stitchers Go Wrong."
The site above claims this is a picture of a crocheted and anatomically correct human brain.

And they are not alone in their -- um -- artwork:
A fellow posting as Arrmatie did this one of the human digestive tract last year. It's pretty accurate, and the stitches are just amazing...but, really?

And then there is Patricia Waller, a german artist whose creations are just way beyond the medium...
Be sure to scroll all the way down the gallery page because it just gets weirder as you go. [Probably SFO, but not safe for kiddies, maybe...]

These folks fit my definition of true creativity as finding new ways to use familiar media -- and succeeding!

And to think: I just make hats and scarves and baby blankets....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home